My Garden

Please post all sightings here.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Max

Re: My Garden

Postby Max » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:26 am

WOW AM MILES BEHIND!!!

August:

Great Tits, Blue Tits, Goldfinches, Blackbirds, Wood Pigeons, Crows, Spugs, C Doves, Dunnocks, Jackdaws, Wren, Robin, Coal Tits, Starlings, Magpie's and Greenfinches.

September:

Gulls, Coal Tit, Goldfinch, Great Tit, Blue Tit, Dunnock, C Doves, W Pigeon, Spugs, Blackbird, Greenfinch and Chaffinch.

October: Goldfinches.

November:

Wren, Spugs, Robin, Blue Tit, Blackbirds, Chaffinches, Dunnock, C Doves, Common Gull, Magpie, W Pigeon, Crow, Starlings, Goldfinches and Greenfinches.

December 1st - 11th:

Sprawk male, Coal Tit, LT Tits, Feral Pigeon, Starlings, Blackbirds, Blue Tit, Jackdaws, Crow, Common Gulls, Goldfinches, Greenfinches, Chaffinches, Spugs, C Doves and W Pigeon.

That's up to date, I won't leave it so long next time, promise.

Kind regards

Max
I'll be winding people up on me death bed! :lol:

Max

Postby Max » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:32 pm

First of all may I wish all those who read this thread a Merry Xmas and Good Health in the forthcoming year!!

Most of last week was laid up with a flare-up, been okay this week with no shortage of birds visiting. Today had 26 Common Gull flying around all the gardens with several Jackdaw pestering them, daresay if they come tomorrow there will be plenty of turkey scraps in the area, but not here lol. Also seen today a Magpie which have not seen of late. In the garden had a dozen Starling hammering at the fat balls, at least 20 Spugs doing same to the peanuts in front garden with the odd Starling using bully tactics to get some. Upwards of 8 Collared Dove and 2 Wood Pigeon hoovering under the feeders. The finches include a dozen Goldfinch, half a dozen Chaffinch, and same Greenfinch. Two Dunnock, two Blue Tit, one Great Tit, one LT Tit, one Coal Tit, two Feral Pigeon grrrr, and one Rook. Oddly not seen a Robin for a while. Every day getting 6 Blackbirds getting the berries and owt else they can find.

Not seen the Sprawk but sure it's made a few passes, there have been the imprint of the doves on the windows.

Some friends of mine quite close by recently installed a pond and one of the first birds that visited was a Grey Wag, told them that was a excellent sighting, of which I've not had one visit, had its cousin the Pied Wag years ago.

Well that's up to date.

Kind regards

Max

Max

Postby Max » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:24 am

Happy New Year! 2017

Jan 16th:

Highlight of the year has to be a Goldcrest spotted twice in the cherry tree, first off wasn't sure but second time I was waiting with the Nikon P510 and it obliged by having a snack of the fat balls and having general look round the tree and then on the variegated holly then down to the conifer. Got some decent photos.

Also had Greenfinches, Chaffinches, C Doves, W Pigeons, Starlings, Spugs, Dunnock, Robin, Crows and Common Gulls over, Blackbirds, Magpie over and Goldfinches.

All feeders filled. Plenty of berries left for any waxwings in the area :lol:

Kind regards

Max

Max

Postby Max » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:15 pm

Jan 21st: LT Tit - 2 on fat balls.

Jan 25th: Goldcrest on lilac in back garden, female sprawk perched in cherry tree having just failed to grab a C Dove, it hit the french window with a rattle and I got up and looked out and spotted the hawk.

Jan 26th: Goldcrest on lilac and cotoneaster in back garden.

Jan 27th: Goldcrest on photinia. Pair of Magpie grabbing the cheese and being mobbed by five Common Gull, the Magpies won, Greenfinch - 14 on the black sunflower seeds, Chaffs on same, C Dove - 9, Spugs - 20 on peanuts, Blackbird - 4, Crow - 1, Robin - 1, Dunnock - 1, Starling - 12, Blue Tit & Great Tit - 1, W Pigeon - 2 and Feral Pigeon - 1.

Well pleased with less than a month gone.

Kind regards

Max 8)

Max

Postby Max » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:25 am

Jan 28th: Coal Tit plus usual gang.
Jan 31st : male Sprawk in cherry tree, Greenfinch - 16, Blackbird - 5 etc.

Feb 1st: male Sprawk passed down back garden, left mt.
Feb 2nd: Goldcrest at 08:45 on fat balls and lilac.
Feb 5th: Goldcrest at 16:00 on lilac.
Feb 6th: Goldcrest at 09:00 on fat balls plus loads of birds.

Cheers

Max very happy!

Max

Postby Max » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:31 am

Feb 20th: LT Tit.

March 3rd: Coal Tit.
March 6th: LT Tit, Grt/Blue Tit - 2 of each.
March 8th: 13 Spuggys taking turns having a bath in the upturned lid of water butt, I enjoyed.
March 12th: new in-garden tick a LBB Gull along with two Black-headed Gulls, 20 Common Gulls, three Magpie, Two Rook, Three Jackdaw and one Crow taking scraps off the garage roof, really enjoyed the very quick frenzy.

Most days getting upwards of a dozen Greenfinch and same of Chaffinch and Goldfinch, with sometimes 13 C Dove (where is the Sprawk when you want them), a pair of Wood Pigeon, two Dunnock, c 30 Spugs usually hammering away at the peanuts, two Magpie, Jackdaws, pair of Blackbird that enjoy the cat food, the gulls are over every day along with the corvids.

Time for supper.

Max :)